Wednesday, March 21, 2012

We Didn't Meet On Line....

If you have been following my crazy life you know I was doing the online thing but had decided to give it up.  I'll tell you I met some very nice guys...but I met some very "interesting" people as well.  Oh I have stories. Once I met three different guys in one day.  hahahaha.  Just for coffee or dinner.  It was fun.  I kept my sister and her friends entertained for the day since I used her as my check in person.  One guy rode his bicycle to a date....and he tipped $3 on a $47 check.  He also admitted he had been to prison before.  Yikes.  I did meet a few really nice guys.  It just wasn't there.  At one point I told my friend that if Online Dating has been popular before I would have never gotten married.  LOL.  Wrong.  I went out with one guy.  I was not interested in him but he kept bugging me.  I tried to like him.  One day I was telling him I went to this new church.  He said, "Good, maybe you can get right!"  Really?  Anyways....if you read my last blog post I said I was giving up with the whole online thing.  It was safe for me because I never had to get serious or even think about my feelings...because I didn't have to.  I had decided I really  needed to just work on myself.  Instead of praying for God to send me someone....I just started praying he'd fix me.

Less than a week after that blog post this happened....

I was at court.  Everyone knows I enjoy court.  It isn't the same here as it was in Summit County but I do love a good court day here too... So I was at court.  It was a busy day.  I had a big case that day and I was not able to sit still.  Ha.  So I was outside the courtroom but just peeking in to see if Judge Cotton was ready for CPS cases.  And that is when I ran into Chris.  I really almost literally ran into him.  Ha.  Well I've known Chris for a very long time.  Since we were kids.  And of course...I have a funny story.  Chris lived near my Grandmother.  When Chris was a kid he had a crush on me.  He tells me he used to hang out with my cousins to find out when I was coming to TN.  Well one time I was walking down my Grandma Wright's road and Chris was following me.  I swear he whistled at me.  He claims he can't whistle.  Ha.  I know he was trying to get my attention.  So I did what any 11ish year old girl should do....I picked up a rock and threw it at him.  I have pretty good aim.  I hit his elbow.  He has a dent in his elbow and he says it is from that rock.  I think he is just teasing me.  But I know it did hurt because he cried....(sorry to out you Chris).  I had seen him a bunch of times since I moved here but there was NO WAY I was going to talk to him. haha.  That is until I almost ran into him at court.  I had to talk to him and I did.  We had a two minute conversation.  Later he sent me a FB friend request.  I accepted it but sent him this long message about how I am not ready to date and how we can only be friends.  Well that didn't work out the way I planned. And I will admit I am glad.  Chris is a great guy and I can't wait for everyone to meet him.  He is the sweetest guy.  And we have a lot in common....it is kinda weird.  He has a degree in Psych. and worked in Youth Services.  Right now he is a corrections officer at the prison.  He has custody of his children.  He's a Christian.  And he lives in the same town as me.  There are only about 2400 people that live in Robbins.  He only lives like 5 miles from me.  I love it.  I am very happy.  That is all I have to say about that right now.

2 comments:

  1. Barf! Just kidding! I'm so glad you're so happy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great to hear and I'm happy for you (and Chris)!

    ReplyDelete

My First 33 Gifts....

Today is the day....that I am starting my list thankfulness.  I won't be posting the list everyday because....well, you know some things...