Thursday, November 13, 2014

My First 33 Gifts....

Today is the day....that I am starting my list thankfulness.  I won't be posting the list everyday because....well, you know some things are personal.  But for today I will post my first 33 gifts.  I encourage you to do the same.  It is the season of thankfulness and giving.  So do it.

My Gifts.
1. Jude
2. Elise
3. Avery
(Well of course my children are gifts)
4. Mom
5. Dad
(they really are good parents)
6. My Home
7. My cousin Jeremy (who rents his home to me)
8. Aunt Jill (who cooks dinner for my family A LOT)
9. My cousin Sarah (who calls me at 6 AM)
10. Kevin & Sydney
11.  My Family - I really have a very AWESOME family.  It is big and lots of variety. 
12.  My Job.  Yes I work at DCS and yes I work like all the time.  And yes I do mountains of paperwork....and now spreadsheets & deadlines.  Not to mention that you know....if I slack off at work it could me the safety of a child (no pressure).  I really do love my job.  I think of it as a blessing that I get to be involved in such an intimate part of other peoples lives.  I don't like the paperwork though...don't count that as a gift. 
13.  The smell of fresh photocopies.  I. Love. That. Smell.
14.  Willow - My dog.  She is a good dog.  Yes she smells and she sheds but she is very obedient. 
15.  My other pets (cats, bunny and fish). 
16.  Social Media.  Really I love that I get to interact with people from all over the world.  I still prefer face to face...lets get together stuff but I really appreciate that I can see what is going on with other people who I don't see often.
17.  My Sister, Heather.  She is pretty awesome.
18.  My sister's family - Ivan, Indy and Reichen.  They are pretty awesome too.
19.  Ivan's family.  I have lots of warm, fuzzy and wonderful memories involving Ivan's family.  That's pretty cool if you ask me.
20.  Coffee - I love coffee but my doc diagnosed me with Generalized Anxiety Disorder.  Yikes.  She suggested I lay off the caffeine.  I am down to one cut a day and man I am way less anxious.  Funny how that works. 
21.  My Smartphone. 
22.  JenF - although we don't talk quite as often as we used too.... I can tell her ANYTHING and she will give me her honest feedback. 
23.  Tee - my nail guy.
24.  Water - I had a plumbing issue a while back.  I didn't have water for like a week.  It was bad.  I really appreciate running water.
25.  Chips & Salsa.  One of my favorite foods ever.
26.  Faith Promise Church.  I go there.  It has been good for me.
27.  TV - I certainly could live without it BUT it is nice to have on while I am folding mountains of laundry.
28.  The horses down the road.  My family loves the horses.
29.  Scott County - Yes I think it is a gift.  I do complain about it and I admit it is completely dysfunctional and different than any other place on earth....and I don't plan to stay here much longer....BUT it is so beautiful here. And I think I've learned a lot in the last three years of living here.
30.  The painting Elise painted for me that is hanging in my bedroom.
31.  Jared - even if it is complicated.
32.  My Co-workers - I work with some of the best people in the world.  And really that is true of most jobs I've had in my life.  I think I've been very fortunate. 
33.  Miranda - Oh Miranda.  She drives me crazy and sometimes yells at me and hates sunshine and is grumpy most of the time.  BUT....underneath all that she is sweet and thoughtful.  And always lots of entertainment.

So, there is my list.  Elise was watching me type this.  She suggested I add clothes to the list.  Her reason was so I don't have to be a streaker.  Nice.  My silly girl.  I hope you all have a day filled with many, many gifts!


1 comment:

  1. Bravo! I've been counting since the beginning of the year, but I'm not taking this challenge!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

My First 33 Gifts....

Today is the day....that I am starting my list thankfulness.  I won't be posting the list everyday because....well, you know some things...